Sign in to follow this  
Pure-v-M

The Basics of Discord - A Complete Guide

Misfits official discord server:

https://discord.gg/JARWEDS

Discord is a bit different from teamspeak, here are the good and the bad.

Pros:

• Safer - Admins do not have access to your IP - Very good for recruits!
  • Server IP is hidden and not easily DDOSed like TS3 servers are
  • Allows you to 'poke' specific server groups. Need a mini? @Hornets. Ancient mace trip? @Ancient Mace.
  • Sorts voice channels in alphabetical order, just like clan chat in game. Very easy to see who is missing from the cc.
  • Automatically previews pics/videos so you don't have to click links
  • Automatic idle - discord starts when you boot your PC
  • Mobile app is free
  • Ability to see channel text history from when you were not online/not in the channel
  • Ranks can change nicknames of members
  • Has text-to-speech for those of you without a mic. Don't abuse it.
  • Webhook integration. Idk what all it can do yet, but you can run custom code for your server.

Cons:

• Does not have icons for server groups, only colors. (May 2017 the devs said they are working on icons)
  • Is new and scary
  • No soundboard plugin (sorry @@Dutch, you can do the same thing with webhooks though)

Here's everything you need to know about using Discord

1. Download and install discordapp (can use in browser too, but highly recommend downloading it)
  2. While it's downloading, click the login button and create your account
    964b562fa353b10a3ac53c8c338f3dc3.png
  3. Click the 'join a server' button (the + sign on the left) and copy the server URL at the top to join. Caws will give you niggas a warm welcome as seen below.
    8745b88533b0d2805ae1c0d26347951d.png

4. By default, you will be in the need-help text channel with a guest rank. You won't default to a voice chatroom like in teamspeak. Guest rank won't be able to see other channels, so you'll need to poke a rank in TS or pm them in game to get access to the rest of it.

Rooms with a # are text channels and rooms with a 01e443a888ab4ed5c9f4428195019dd3.png are voice channels.

5. Text Channels & Channel Config:
    There's a ton of capabilities here that teamspeak does not have. Multiple text channels and the ability to see past-post history for one.

VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure the text channel you're in corresponds with the voice channel you're in. If you're in the sunday official voice channel, you need to also be in the #sunday-official text channel. Messages sent in the default channel are visible to everybody.

You can send messages, bot and server commands (like pokes/mass pokes, text-to-chat, etc), share pictures/videos, upload and share files, etc.

Besides the basic stuff, there are three important buttons in the upper right corner. A bell, a pin, and two dudes having sex. edbfb6cfcb6fe40ea89cfaed75815d18.png

The bell mutes that specific text channel so you won't get unread message notifications or mass pokes in that channel. Say you're a guy who works every Sunday and can almost never make the official trips. You can mute the sunday-official text channel and you won't be flooded with notifications when you get back from work.

The pin is the most important one, ranks can pin messages for everyone to see and refer back to. When we do inners, a lot of the new guys ask "what gear do I bring?" and somebody has to go find the clan-wars gear guide and link it to them. No more, now we can "sticky" those pictures in the clanwars text channel.
    86ec71609b6a3ba25cf165fd491a644c.png

The two gay guys having sex just toggles the visibility of the member list. Not important.

6. Voice channels & Customization:
    These are pretty self explanatory. You can talk in here. Here's how to change some of your mic/speaker settings though. To enter a voice channel, click on it. To exit, click the 'hang up' icon on the bottom left corner.

09a2985a50004733cd41b032b925e123.png

First, you can mute specific players and/or toggle their volume by right clicking them in a voice channel. You can also "Mention" (public poke) or "message" (private poke) or initiate a one-on-one call with them.

There are a couple more options for ranks, such as force a nickname change and move into another channel.

9bc7bf1bc7de76bfc4ef206bedd9ab6b.png

In the bottom left corner next to your nickname/avatar there will be a microphone, speaker, and settings button. Simply click the microphone to mute your mic, and click the speaker to mute everyone else.
    f52aa520855213fca98dbabdc5d6fd7b.png

Clicking on the settings gear will let you customize your discord account, including changing your name/avatar/push-to-talk settings, etc.

My Account lets you change your name, avatar, email, and password.
    a2c5f72f2ef6155e263da1c9eebea159.png

Privacy and safety lets you choose who can DM you/add you as a friend, and whether those DMs are scanned for safety or not.

Voice & Video lets you change your mic/speaker/push-to-talk settings
    814ca0a629c8be318088c1112e7bd49b.png

The notifications tab lets you change how intrusive notifications are. You can enable/disable desktop notifications, unread messages/pokes notifications, and you can even enable text-to-speech for notifications so when @@Zee pokes you "welcome back faggot" you can have a robot read it to you in a cold/dead voice just like the real Zee!

Text & Images lets you change whether text channels auto-load previews of images/websites, toggle whether you want to use/see emojis, and enable your text-to-speech.

Discord is so much smoother and cleaner. Should clan members download it on their phones it would allow communication to be that much easier.

I really wanna try it but I don’t like change

wsldme.png

9c4845301b056d5daa8d361173dfd328.png

WMcmGjd.gif

FJEwuVw.gif

66fa8f12fc3f2099b1fb25fcb9468344.gif

Thanks for the guide bro.

Please clanmates know our discord is backup incase something happens to our Teamspeak.

p.s @@Pure-v-M my bloody discord won't load at all (desktop app) I have to use via browser and it seems to be a bit sketchy, any advice?

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, restarting pc.

Each time it just blacks out the App :(

gDEncRq.gif
bW0Tfiu.gif

bf45c0c902bac77c4ccf44986b9e896d.gif

e3278f656f19374fbc5060db4cfe7bd0.gif

bf94125700ea74167b3168c305240395.png

Please clanmates know our discord is backup incase something happens to our Teamspeak.

p.s @@Pure-v-M my bloody discord won't load at all (desktop app) I have to use via browser and it seems to be a bit sketchy, any advice?

nope, the application sucks, the web based version sucks too but it doesnt give IP so people are willing to put up with how shit discord is

6a242b62259c302ec8860ab9c6c0f21e.png

29c096b28122d8cec5f1faff2c10ff6e.png

DCQ4rk2.pngpQCFKiI.png

f2Ictvr.gif

ddfSex0.png

TkRbZUy.png

pyBnPLH.png

Wiykun4.png

ivWaTEY.png

fKaS1WM.png

@I Danrics I Instead of restarting or reinstalling, try force closing it via task manager and relaunching it

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this