Sign in to follow this  
Pure-v-M

Comprehensive 1 Def Raids Guide

Disclaimer:
This is a COMPREHENSIVE guide - there's a ton of information here. Raids aren't very complicated. There's a lot to them, but you don't need to know everything to start doing them. Somebody who understands this guide and how to put it to use would be considered a VETERAN raider.

Getting to Raids

fdbc0d56441057f83029f150e11de1c4.png

Talk to Veos and travel to Lands End

8aba6e8c6cfff1702755eb28929f8875.png

Walk to raids. When you get here, talk to the Mountain Guide east of the bank and you won't have to walk here next time.

Stat Requirements

• 90+ 7Hls8qK.png
  • 85+ onO19jD.png
  • 85+ Bta7S0T.png
  • 45+ HdBg8Dp.png
  • Somebody on the team needs 30+ Zrb6Lwi.png for storage chest
  • Somebody on the team needs 90+ (or 75+) 14T2a4s.png for overloads
  • ~25% of the team needs 78 14T2a4s.png for brews
  • ~50% of the team needs 55+ 8zbswXr.png

A - Gear & Inv Setups

Here is basic gear you will need to bring in every raid. There are niche items for each room, so your inv will change depending on your raid layout. This is a beginner setup that prioritizes extra food over switches. When you start to get the hang of dodging attacks you'll start bringing more switches.

A-list:

jVsc87m.png

B-list/Welfare:

iZRDGR0.png

C-list/Poor Noobs:

ajRY72L.png

Check out /r/whatsthegear for some detailed setups for every good raid layout. Bookmark that shit if you want to do more PvM, I have the answers to all your What's the gear? questions.

B - Demiboss fights/puzzle rooms

• I'll be linking snippets of Woox's solo raid guide since the mechanics are all the same for these rooms

Puzzle Rooms

• Crystal Crabs - Pray melee, bounce the ball of light into the crystals to turn them all white. Attacking the crabs changes their color and the color of the ball. A certain color ball is needed to neutralize each crystal.
    2UIK5Vf.pngf481ba1fe4c1de18d155371856eafba4.png

• Tightrope - Kill mages & archers, cross the rope and get the crystal. Whoever picks up the key from spawnpoint should drop it and let someone else open the door, for double points (this was patched, no more double points). 
    e1dCdiR.pngMhA9NIQ.png

• Thieving Room - Open chests and deposit the grubs until it dies. Finding the 6 bats gives extra points.
    DkNFZSr.png

• Ice Demon - Everyone get a full inv of logs and light all four braziers at once. Pray range, use blowpipe and kill ice demon. To dodge the snowball attacks, hit-run 2 squares-hit-run 2 squares and repeat until he is dead.
    McjVm5T.png

Demiboss Rooms

• Statues/Guardians - Set pickaxe to crush style and flinch them dead. Requires some team coordination or people will take damage. Easy boss for beginners.
    CmdTN8z.png

• Skeletons - Range them from afar, try to only aggro one at a time. Salve (ei) gives 20% extra damage here, but don't bother bringing one not imbued from NMZ. Easy boss for beginners.
    bn8C70Z.png

• Lizardman Shamans - Pray ranged, attack with a slower range weapon like crossbow. Hit, run 3 squares away, hit, repeat to dodge the poison attack which hits high 30s. Semi-difficult boss for beginners.
    DfMgkBC.png

• Mutadile - Pray ranged, blowpipe to just above half HP. ZGS spec or barrage at ~half HP to prevent it from healing itself. When the first one has died, trap the second spawn out of melee range (can hit 70+ with melee) and repeat. If you don't have a way to freeze, he will heal to full HP 1-3 times. Semi-difficult boss for beginners.
    ubS0OK1.png 

• Tekton - One person lures him as far away from the anvil as possible. Pray melee & unload all DWH/BGS specs on him, then melee him until he returns to the anvil. You must walk counter-clockwise to dodge his attacks, and if he's targeting you, you MUST stay within his melee range or he will instantly go heal. While he's healing at the anvil, choose 3 squares in a straight line and walk back and forth on them to avoid all damage from his debris. Difficult boss for beginners.
    OJaoDEu.png?1

• Vasa - One person enters the room to tank the first special attack. Special attack will deal damage based on the entire parties average current HP, so the more you safe the more damage he does. After the first special attack, unload DWH/BGS specs. Pray range while the boss is walking around & throwing rocks. The rocks will target the square you're currently standing on when he throws them, so 1 hit/move 2 squares. Range vasa until he starts healing on a crystal, then start use melee to kill the crystal. The faster you kill it, the less he heals. Stab weapons work best, but do not downgrade to a lower attack tier (ie don't use dragon sword instead of sara sword). Rinse and repeat until dead. Difficult boss for beginners.
    THC0xAr.png

• Vesupula - Average teams should avoid this room since it will waste almost all your supplies and slow your raid down a lot. Damage is unavoidable, its pretty much just a tank & spank room with some unique mechanics.
    jCWqOLW.png
  • Vanguards - All 1 def teams should avoid this room since it will waste ALL your supplies and you are still likely to die. Damage is unavoidable, its pretty much just a tank & spank room with some unique mechanics.
    pLn3JpJ.png

C - Olm Prep & Skilling

If at any point during the raid you're unable to help the team because you don't have the skill req or you forgot an item, turn back and start killing scavengers to gather supplies.

• 4 planks for tier 1 storage chest, 8 planks for tier 2
  • Endarkened Juice (~25 per person in the raid, or more if people expect to die) to make brews/overloads
    qoykTTw.png
  • Stinkhorn Mushrooms (~5 per person in the raid, or more if people expect to die) to make super restores/overloads
    jN0DG4h.png
  • Cicely (2-3 per person in the raid) to make prayer renewals/overloads
    E1YcgON.png
  • Tinderbox/iron axes if your party has ice demon and forgot these items

After you've made it to the second farming room, start preparing to make your potions.

• If your team didn't have room to pick up seeds during the raid, someone needs to proceed to the final room and rake the patch for seeds
    fbJpyEw.pngY2t0zH5.pnggmMnvjE.png
  • Grab enough gourd vials from the tree and fill them with water if you don't have the skilling stats to farm/make potions (~35 vials per person in the team)
    SqkhRak.png
  • Plant Golpar & Noxifer seeds to make overloads (3 Golpar & 1 Noxifer per overload potion)
    DjLOLJM.png
  • Plant Buchu seeds and make ~25 brews, ~4 super restores, and 1 prayer renewal per person (more if you anticipate some deaths)
    cErU33z.pngtquJZa0.pngnziZu0u.png

D - Final Boss: Great Olm
vL2W7oZ.png

Watch the entirety of Woox's Olm Solo Guide to get a handle on what his attacks do/how to dodge them and to understand the three zones/safespots. If it is your first ever raid you can expect to die 2-3 times.

Here's a quick rundown of his basic attacks:

• Basic magic attack - dark green ball of gas, hybrid prayers as needed
  • Basic range attack - bright green block of crystal, hybrid prayers as needed
  • Lightning attack (shows up on his left claw) - send lightning in a N/S line. Minor damage and will disable your overheads/stun you for ~3 seconds if it hits you. Easy to dodge by just moving for a second.
  • Crystal attack (shows up on his left claw) - Crystals will begin to grow under you. You have ~2-3 seconds to move before they finish growing and damage you 30-40+ damage.
  • Sphere attacks - Instead of a basic mage/range attack, Olm's head will fire red/green/purple spheres at one or more players. This attack halves your prayer and turns off overheads. If you don't get them back on before the sphere hits you, you take 40+ damage. Red = pray melee, green = pray range, purple = pray mage.
  • Target attack - A red aura will glow around your character's feet and crystals will fall from the ceiling every two ticks. If you don't move every two ticks, you'll be hit 20+.
  • Pairing attack - A white/green/yellow/purple aura will glow around your feet and another teammate. You have ~4 seconds before the attack swaps your position and deals 5 damage for every square apart you are. When pairing attacks occur, meet at the thumb of the left hand/melee hand.

Phase specific/special attacks:

• Flame Phase:
    F​​​​ire Wall - Olm will surround one E/W line in fire. Water strike to douse the flames and run out. If you don't escape in ~4 seconds you will be damaged 50-60+.
    Burn With Me! - Olm will shoot a green flame at a player. Burning players will take 5 damage every few seconds until the burning dissipates. During this time, any non-burning players who stand within 1 square of burning players will also be burnt. This can continue forever, so if you get burnt stay by yourself until it dissipates.
  • Acid Phase:
    Olm will randomly spew acid pools on the map, if you step in them you will be poisoned and will take 1-4 damage every tick until you move.
    Targeted Poison attack - Olm will poison one player and poison pools will follow them everywhere they go for ~8 seconds. Just walk around your zone until it ends.
  • Crystal Phase
    Bombs - Olm will spit out crystal bombs that will damage anyone within 5 squares, the closer to the bomb the more damage you take.
  • Semi-Final Phase/Glowing Head
    These hands must be killed within ~10 seconds of each other or they will respawn.
    After a pairing attack, Olm's left/melee hand will ALWAYS do a healing attack where any damage you do will be added to his HP instead of subtracted. If you manage to turn his head away from his left hand right after the pairing, you can skip this healing phase.
  • Final Phase/Head
    Rocks will fall just like between hand phases
    Olm will shoot out two blue pools. You have ~5-6 seconds to stand on them, or you will be damaged and he will heal. The more players who get damaged, the more he heals.

The first thing you need to do is assign people to stay on the mage hand and on the melee hand. These people will be essentially the 'tanks' of the group while the hybrids take little to no damage. Assign someone with 75+ attack to camp the melee hand, and assign someone with 60 attack or low melee stats to camp the mage hand.

If you're camping the mage hand:

240b779b60e40bfc9e0f10c9227a31ff.png

If you're camping the melee hand:

1a03470fb09914c3831d64ff8ed1bf58.png

If you're assigned to camp one hand, you need to stay in your zone. The only time you should leave your zone is when you get paired, and then you should immediately return.

5lLBBfB.png

If you're assigned to hybrid:

e8da3cc1aa13330edd4b15be2da8d932.png

While maging you'll be running back and forth between the two safespots in the hybrid zone.

While meleeing you'll be using a slow, hard hitting weapon like elder maul/godswords/anchor, and be running to the left-most safespot within the hybrid zone after every attack.

If you're moving correctly, you should never take damage except during pairings when the tanks leave their zones. You'll need at LEAST two doses of stamina pot. 

When Olm's head is glowing greenish, you know you're on the last phase of fighting his hands. Both hands must die within ~10 seconds of each other during this phase or one will respawn with full HP. 

After the last hand phase, you must take out his head. Range it while prayer flicking and avoiding the falling rocks. Moving 2 squares for every attack you do is a good way to dodge the rocks.

WOW. this guide is simply amazing. this guide taught me how to raid. after reading through this guide, i could solo a raid in sub 20 minutes. Thank you so much for this guide. It has really changed my life.

damn that's a super detailed guide

thanks for this super high effort content man

if you're new, i wouldn't recommend raiding without someone experienced that knows how to scout so you know what gear you need

also, if you're new, just keep trying.

you will die, you will get better.

ZdkP462.png

sfssAFw.gif

2c942436bf2c503a314bac04c019c35c.png

gDEncRq.gif

z2fYSPc.pngX7sZ84h.pngqt47hMb.png

1eca082143f64dfb2952e98202984c03.png

other than a little bit of gear tweaks, i like this guide

for example, a b ring is almost never the best ring to bring in. i prefer the suffering RI because it tends to work well in any situation, otherwise i think  a seers or honestly an archers would be next best because of the amount of ranging you might need to do at olm/vasa/lizardmen/mutadile/etc

i prefer the maul to BSS, its so accurate at olm melee hand and the crystals at vasa

dont forget antipoison either lul

6a242b62259c302ec8860ab9c6c0f21e.png

29c096b28122d8cec5f1faff2c10ff6e.png

DCQ4rk2.pngpQCFKiI.png

f2Ictvr.gif

ddfSex0.png

TkRbZUy.png

pyBnPLH.png

Wiykun4.png

ivWaTEY.png

fKaS1WM.png

other than a little bit of gear tweaks, i like this guide

for example, a b ring is almost never the best ring to bring in. i prefer the suffering RI because it tends to work well in any situation, otherwise i think  a seers or honestly an archers would be next best because of the amount of ranging you might need to do at olm/vasa/lizardmen/mutadile/etc

i prefer the maul to BSS, its so accurate at olm melee hand and the crystals at vasa

dont forget antipoison either lul

Yeah what ring you bring really depends on what role you're playing at Olm. I'd never bring suffering though, the defense does nothing for a pure.

BSS > Bludgeon > Elder maul at olm and Dagger > maul on crystals, you can check out the DPS calc in my sig if you wanna compare stuff.

Also shouldn't bring an antipoison unless you have shamans, its one of the niche items listed there.

+1 

<p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-family: courier new'><span style='font-size: 14px;'><span style='color: #ffa500'>You Can Catch Flies With Honey; But You Can Catch More Honeys Being Fly</span></span></span></p>

<p class='bbc_center'>B5HN0Fe.gifryWT2Jf.gifKmL25ZR.gif</p>

<p class='bbc_center'>9b018659dea7767dc0749ea3acb8cf26.gif</p>

Yeah what ring you bring really depends on what role you're playing at Olm. I'd never bring suffering though, the defense does nothing for a pure.

BSS > Bludgeon > Elder maul at olm and Dagger > maul on crystals, you can check out the DPS calc in my sig if you wanna compare stuff.

Also shouldn't bring an antipoison unless you have shamans, its one of the niche items listed there.

you should anti before olm as well. after doing more extensive raiding i can definitely agree with everything now. bss is definitely best melee weapon for a pure at olm and dagger > bss > bludg at vasa crystals. as for ring, at this point i only bring in archer (i) since accuracy means a LOT when competing for individual points since most rooms are ranged

6a242b62259c302ec8860ab9c6c0f21e.png

29c096b28122d8cec5f1faff2c10ff6e.png

DCQ4rk2.pngpQCFKiI.png

f2Ictvr.gif

ddfSex0.png

TkRbZUy.png

pyBnPLH.png

Wiykun4.png

ivWaTEY.png

fKaS1WM.png

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this